Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Herbs and Brittle Asthma.

Oh yea, have I mentioned not only do I have bipolar and all it's trappings, but since I was about 3 I have endured chronic(brittle ) asthma. Hey I have always had so much trouble as an introvert in making friends so it was not helpful to have an asthma everyone did not understand-or think I am making it up to be better than all of them. Not being  able to spend time at people's houses since they usually had cat's, horses, short haired dogs, etc.

But when I think of other terrible conditions or a death in the family- now I believe I need to be thankful and can I let you in on a secret? I have gotten out of some things I did not relish by God using my asthma in my favor.

But like the "Simon Says"  game., can I step up to the now with my asthma condition. I have had so much trouble since moving to Missouri. I love the wet heat, but it is bad on my asthma. Plus in the country, it is dusty and animal hair is carried inside  a lot.

So being into natural medication and having studied several books on this subject-though I had kind of not been interested in this type of study for awhile...

I stumbled upon an article on a wonderful antibacterial substance that really helps in many conditions : especially lung problems. My interest piqued, I did some research and found 3 new "weeds" that help different symptoms  of asthma. I also remembered 2 I had learned of prior.

So I studied these plants and have learned how to make tinctures. Tincture=http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/tincture?s=t.
The 2 plants I already had knowledge of were easy to find:


Nettle leaf
Nettle plants.





Mullein parts




Mullein



      

            
                                                                                                                                                                                                                          








So I am working on these 2 herbal tinctures, but really want to experiment with the 3 others. I really am having trouble being sure of the right plants so I am still studying. I also have not found any like this one at all:


This seems nasty, but has wonderful accolades to help with anything. I have not found any lichen at all like it. I have looked a lot.
I do not know why this is called rabbit tobacco since it has nothing ,to do with rabbits really (unless they eat it better than clover? ) From what I have read it is extremely healing for lungs. it does not need to be smoked, but is said even smoking it is good  for any lung problems.
Butter bur. this is easy to find and have purchased it in capsules.. It really does help my allergy symptoms, but would be much cheaper to make it myself.
The other 2 for asthma I am having trouble either locating or recognizing: (above) also. I want to be sure I have the correct plant for many reasons not limited to a wrong plant making me sick.

While doing this blog I found this site. I will definitely be looking this one over. I invite you to do the same: 

http://herbnet.com/

I also want to put a disclaimer on here that I am not trying to diagnose anyone's diseases or conditions or give medical advice w/out your Dr's approval. This is only for study information only. Each individual is responsible for what they do with it from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment